Archives for March 2013

Hampton Court Palace

Great Hall, Oriel window

Conservation of the painted, stained and leaded glazing and related ironwork.

For more information, read the Post Conservation Report. The PDF will open in a new tab.

Click the images below to enlarge:

The Maughan Library, Chancery Lane, London

The remains of King George IV heraldic panels from the Rolls Chapel discovered in extremely poor condition during the restoration of the building.

The glass fragments transported to the studio, complete conservation and restoration of the panels and iron frame.

The conserved heraldry and restored frame fitted in the entrance of the new Maughan Library, Kings College, London in preparation for the opening by HM The Queen.

Click the images below to enlarge:

Cafe Royal, Regent Street, London

Heraldic painted and stained leaded glazing depicting the portrait of Daniel Nicolas– the founder of The Café Royal 1865 and his wife Celestine, manufactured circa 1900.

The 3 no. leaded glass windows and related ironwork removed to our studio, conserved and restored including the replacement of damaged painted segments. Frames refurbished by our metalworkers.

Restored frames and glass reinstated in preparation for the re-opening of the restored hotel.

Click the images below to enlarge:

St. Mary’s Church, Hunton, Kent

Windows nV, nVI and nVII

Ancient glass from the 14th to the 19th century conserved at our studio.
Including the manufacture at our studio of isothermal glazing system to suit tracery and main lancet panels.

For more information, read Post Conservation Report nVI and Post Conservation Report nV & nVII. The PDFs will open in a new tab.

Click the images below to enlarge:

St. Peters Church, Sandwich, Kent

The removal and releading of the East Window and north aisle windows.

Work carried out on behalf of The Churches Conservation Trust.

Click the images below to enlarge: